I’ve developed a streamlined process that doesn’t waste any time:
- Initial contact: During our initial contact I want to get an idea of what your needs and goals are. Based on this information I’ll propose a solution that I’ll send over mail. Once I receive a 50% upfront payment we’ll start our collaboration.
- Discuss your business: We’ll set up a time to do an in-depth interview, where we’ll discuss your business, products, customers, and goals. This Skype or phone calls normally last around 30 – 45 minutes.
- Research: Any writer worth their salt will tell you that the research dictates the copy. I’ll extensively research your industry, competitors, and customers. Optional: Keyword research using Google’s Keyword Planner
- First Draft: I’ll use the information from the interview and the research. It’s possible that during this step I’ll ask you for additional information. Optional: A wireframe that shows how the text should be presented to achieve the best results.
- Edits/revisions: You have up to two weeks to give feedbacks for possible edits/revisions. I always try to get the project right the first try. However, it’s possible that you want changes made to the copy/content. When you give your feedback I ask you to be as specific as possible, so there are no misunderstandings. I’ll use your feedback to make edits. I give up to two revisions so that you know you’re completely satisfied.
- Invoice: I’ll send you an invoice for the remaining 50%. I ask you to pay the remaining 50% within two weeks after receiving the invoice.